Friday, October 31, 2008

Exam

Huh... Finally, I finished my last theory paper today. However, it is not the end of my exam. There is one more practical paper which is known as OSPE (Objective Structured Practical Examination) on next Tuesday. It is something like telematch games. Interesting right?? About 25++ stations that includes questions from all modules and strand will be settled up and we have to rush from one station to another to answer the question within 4 minutes in each station. Some stations will have simulated actors whom we need to communicate with. It makes the test is so excited and we may get heart attack at every second of the test. I think none of the other courses in whole Malaysia offer this type of assessment.

For those who know me long enough, they know that Chu Chun Hong is always confident at his academic achievement (except English-lah). Sadly, my confidence level is getting worse and worse each day now. I notice that I did not perform as well as I've done previously especially in this end semester exam. The effort that I have put was not reduced and yet the result yielded is below my satisfaction. Although the result is not out yet, I can roughly expect the grade I got. I feel challenged now. First, exam questions now are not asking about the correct answer but the BEST answer (it means the choices are all correct with minimal difference between them). Besides, luck does not help me much anymore. Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) normally consists of 4-5 options right?? Well, here I experience the "TRUE" MCQ which consists of 10 options and hence, there is only 10% of chance to guess the answer correctly. It is the matter of either you know or don't know. No more guessing. Haih.. T.T

Perhaps, it is time for me to review back my study methods and strategies. Otherwise, my glorious days will definitely become past tense and will not come back to me anymore. Study strategy are always dynamic. Thus, different approaches are needed for different stages of study. Critical thinking and strong memory as well as thoughtfulness play a major role here. The most important is I am clear that keep groaning is not the solution and I have to figure out some ways to improve as soon as possible so that I can move on in my studies.
(Feel like I am writing a reflective essay in Personal and Professional development Module and sorry for this boring post but I really need some self-motivation here.. =.=)

As usual, I end my post with a song and this song together with the effect of caffeine always make me shake my body while I am tired throughout the exam week.

Shake it, by Metro Station


(couldn't find an official MV with embedded address.. T.T)

2 comments:

joanne said...

hello....
i never knw u hv a blog...
jz to kacau your blog here,,,
hehehe...

BeCkY** said...

wei, this kinda exam, nursing also got la, for us it's called OSCE, the C is Clinical instead of practical..

But we more lucky, got 5 minutes instead of 4.. lol..

Almost fainted due to panic attack.. Tmr result will out..

Saddening..